Mohamed Barakat of Ahly (Photo: Elsayed Abdel Kader)
Mohamed Barakat, born 19 September 1976
1996 – begins his career at Cairo second division side El-Sikka El-Hadid.
1998 – joins Egyptian outfit Ismaily with whom he wins the Egyptian Footballer of the Year title in 2002.
2000 – wins Egyptian Cup with Ismaily.
2002 – wins Egyptian Premier League.
2002 – starts a Gulf professional trip after joining Qatari side Al-Arabi.
2003 – joins Saudi side Ahly Jeddah as he helps them to win Arab Club Championship.
2004 – joins Egyptian giants Ahly, the team with which he makes history, winning more trophies in addition to domestic and continental titles.
Glory with Ahly
– Barakat reaches his peak, helping his club Ahly win the 2005 CAF Champions League and the 2006 CAF Champions League and leading Egypt to it's fifth win in the 2006 African Cup of Nations. However, in 2006 his career is marred by a long spell of injuries.
– He is also named CAF Champions League Top Scorer (with 7 goals), BBC African Footballer of the Year, and CAF Best African player in Club Competitions in 2005.
– 2009 Barakat named Egyptian Premier League Best Player.
– Wins African Champions League 2005, 2006, 2008
– CAF Super Cup in 2006, 2007, 2009.
– Egyptian Premier League 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10. 2010-11
– Egyptian Cup in 2005-06, 2006-07.
– Egyptian Super Cup: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010.
Egypt senior national team carrier
– 2000 Barakat makes his debut for the Pharaohs in June against South Korea.
– 2002 he plays four matches in African Cup of Nations.
– 2006 He plays all of Egypt's matches in Africa Cup of Nations.
– 2010 Barakat ends his international career after his dream to reach the 2010 FIFA World Cup is denied by Algeria in the qualifiers.
Hanging up boots
– 2013 Ahly midfielder Mohamed Barakat officially announces his retirement from football on 12 June at the age of 36 years old, ending speculations that he will consider extending his playing career with the Reds.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports)