Anderlecht's Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (L) of Egypt during a training session (Photo: Trezeguet Facebook official page)
Egyptian winger Mahmoud 'Trezeguet' Hassan announced that he won't leave Belgian side Anderlecht as he is still searching for a regular place in the team's starting lineup despite the his loan deal with the team close to expiring.
The Egyptian international joined Anderlecht in the summer from Cairo giants Ahly and has so far failed to establish himself, playing only 107 minutes in four games.
After his recovery from a shoulder injury during an Egypt training camp in October, 'Trezeguet' has struggled to clinch a starting role with Anderlecht.
The 21-year-old winger refused to criticise Anderlecht's coach Besnik Hasi for not naming him in the team's squad during the Belgian league games despite the season being close to finishing.
"I will not criticise Besnik Hasi. He is an experienced coach and knows what he's doing," Trezeguet said during an interview with anderlecht-online on Thursday.
"I'm ready to help the team but if the coach asked to wait I will wait as I have a strong mentality and patience," he said.
"I won't repeat the other Egyptian players' mistakes who left their teams for not participating and who terminated their contracts with European teams."
"I'm happy to stay at Anderlecht and I thank Mr. Van Holsbeeck for his confidence in keeping me in the team's squad," the Egyptian winger added.
"I convinced him that I will succeed in Anderlecht. I have a dream, and that is to play in the biggest club in the world like Real Madrid,"
"I know that If I go to Egypt, my European dream will be over," Trezeguet concluded.
Despite a lack of game time, Trezeguet was part of Egypt's national team squad that defeated Nigeria in the African Cup of Nations qualifiers last week.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)