Egypt's midfielder Hosni Abd-Rabou has welcomed the idea of sealing a permanent move to Saudi's Ittihad Jeddah by the end of the current season.
Abd-Rabou joined the Saudi giants on loan from Egyptian side Ismaily until the end of the season following the Port Said stadium disaster on 1 February, where over 74 fans were killed and many more injured. Since then, all domestic football activity has been indefinitely suspended.
After his recent outstanding performances in the Saudi league, reports claimed that the Pharaohs star could extend his stay with Ittihad on a permanent basis upon the request of the club's supporters.
"I am very happy with the supporters' appeal to make my deal a permanent one but it is not my decision as I need to take the confirmation from my club Ismaily," Abd-Rabou said to Saudi daily newspaper, Al-Eqtisadiah, on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old player, whose current contract with Ismaily runs for another two seasons, recently said he was "enjoying his experience" with Saudi football after adapting quickly to his teammates.
After he was injured on Thursday, during Ittihad’s 1-0 victory over Jeddah rivals Ahly in the Saudi League, it was initially reported that Abd-Rabou would be out of action for up to six weeks.
According to Al-Eqtisadiah, medical scans revealed that the best player in Egypt’s triumphant 2008 African Nations Cup campaign, suffered a thigh muscular strain that would only sideline him for ten days.
This means the veteran midfielder will be available for Ittihad's clash against UAE's Bani Yas at the AFC Champions League in two weeks.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter: @AO Sports)