Bani Yas forward Mohamed Zidan
Former Egypt striker Mohamed Zidan is suing his Emirati club Bani Yas over unpaid dues, Bild reported on Saturday.
"I am waiting for more than a million dollars. The move to Bani Yas was the biggest mistake of my career," Zidan told the German magazine.
The 32-year-old striker claims the club has not paid his salary for several months now, nor the fees of the operation and rehab he had to undergo last year.
Zidan had cartilage surgery in April and said, according to the report, that the club's doctors had overlooked his rehabilitation and so he had to travel to Germany to recover under the supervision of a German doctor.
On his return, he found himself excluded from the squad and forced to train with the youth team.
The former Dortmund and Mainz striker joined Bani Yas in the summer o f2012. He failed to impress at the Gulf club and apparently had a fall out with the coach and the management who claimed he feigned injuries to avoid matches.
In January 2013 Bani Yas omitted the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations winner from its squad and included Egypt and Ahly playmaker Mohamed Abou-Treika who helped them to the Gulf Champions League title.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)