Moroccan side Raja de Casablanca expressed their displeasure on Thursday over the behaviour of the team's Egyptian striker Amr Zaki, who supposedly underwent ankle surgery in Germany on Wednesday without first taking the club's permission.
The club said it will file a complaint with FIFA over Zaki's "unprofessional" behaviour.
The surgery will sideline the international striker until the end of the season.
The Moroccan outfit insisted that Zaki, who joined the club during the winter transfer window, had passed the club's medical tests and had been medically fit to join the club.
According to the club, Zaki's ankle injury was sustained during last week's training session. After the team's medical department gave him a week off to rest, Zaki had then informed the club president that he would go to Germany to consult his own physician.
The club said that it had spoken with the player on Wednesday and that Zaki had informed them that he'd had X-rays taken but not that he was on the verge of undergoing surgery.
For his part, though, the Egyptian striker said on Thursday that he'd been giving the Moroccan side updates about his trip to Germany since Tuesday.
"After undergoing scans on Tuesday, the German doctor informed me that I need urgent surgery and I informed the club and I sent the medical reports to the club," Zaki wrote on his Facebook account on Thursday.
"The club ignored me. Normally they have to send the team doctor with me to observe the details of my injury.
"As a player on the club, they have to pay all the costs of the surgery," he concluded.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports)