Ivorian striker Didier Drogba will not extend his current contract with English Premier League giants Chelsea and is ready to listen to lucrative offers from other clubs, according to one of his agents.
The 33-year-old player is free to leave the London-based club next summer as he is in the last year of his contract, but seems to be eyeing an immediate departure as he is warming the bench this season despite coach Andre Villas-Boas’ announcement that he wants to keep him.
“Didier has had the offer of a one-year extension from Chelsea. That does not suit us," the player’s agent, Thierno Seydi, told The Sun newspaper on Tuesday.
"We know what we want, where we want to go and what offers we have.
It was recently reported that the former Marseille hitman is heading to Italy to join AC Milan, but this was totally denied by Seydi who has revealed other expected destinations for the player who has had some outstanding performances since arriving at Stamford Bridge in 2004.
"AC Milan came in for Didier on loan with an option to buy but I said no straight away. Their offer did not interest us.
"At Didier's age, he has nothing left to prove as a player. He will go where he is offered the most money.
"It could be the United States, Russia, Qatar or somewhere else in Asia.
"Once you are well into your thirties you have to go to a club where you can be certain you'll be able to pay your bills.
"LA Galaxy are a possibility among many others. He has been linked with Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, as they pay well.
"But neither Didier nor I have had an offer from them,” concluded Seydi.