CAF is the first confederation to officially and publicly approve the controversial plan to hold a World Cup every two years, at the same pace as its Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
"On the FIFA International Match Calendar for men and women, the Member Associations unanimously voted in support of the proposal for biennial FIFA World Cups," CAF said in a statement.
FIFA will hold a summit in December with president Gianni Infantino still hoping to find consensus on plans to stage the men's tournament more often than the current four-year cycle.
It is an incendiary topic given the various interests at stake, between clubs and national teams, domestic leagues and international competitions.
Opposition has been so widespread from leagues, players and supporters groups that the chances of a biennial World Cup actually happening appear remote.
The World Cup has been played every four years, apart from cancellations during World War II, since the inaugural edition in 1930.
The new biennial proposals were put forward by Arsene Wenger, FIFA's head of global development.
The World Cup is expanding regardless in another way -- the men's version to 48 teams from 2026 and the women's to 32 teams from 2023.
CAF president Patrice Motsepe insisted that the biennial African Cup of Nations (AFCON) would be unaffected.
"The main competition for Africa, which is AFCON, will definitely continue," Motsepe told a press conference on Friday.
"Part of the process is to ensure that the players do not play more matches or games than they did historically.
"There will be a fundamental review of the competitions as well as the structure that has existed over many years."
CAF also said it had backed the proposal for an establishment of a "Pan-African Super League", without disclosing further details over a possible format.
The idea was first mooted by FIFA president Gianni Infantino at a meeting with CAF officials in Morocco last year.
Infantino suggested that 20 clubs be permanent participants while others would qualify via regional competitions.
In April, 12 European clubs announced a Super League of their own before all sides apart from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus pulled out due to widespread criticism.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)