Last Update 10:39
Sunday, 18 April 2021

German prosecutors reconstruct Dortmund bus attack

AP , Tuesday 18 Apr 2017
Dortmund
FILE - In this April 11, 2017 file photo a window of Dortmund's team bus is damaged after an explosion before the Champions League quarterfinal soccer match between Borussia Dortmund and AS Monaco in Dortmund, Germany. German prosecutors say theyre staging a reconstruction of last weeks attack on Borussia Dortmunds team bus as they look for clues on the perpetrators. (AP)
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1386
Share/Bookmark
Views: 1386

German prosecutors are staging a reconstruction of last week's attack on the Borussia Dortmund soccer team's bus as they look for clues about the perpetrators.

The federal prosecutor's office said the reconstruction was being conducted Tuesday. It said in a statement that the exercise is aimed at shedding light on what happened and on evidence found at the scene.

Three explosions went off near the bus in suburban Dortmund last Tuesday, wounding a player and a police officer.

Three copies of a note containing Islamic extremist rhetoric were found at the scene, but officials suspect it might be a red herring.

Prosecutors say a large surrounding area has been combed for further clues.

Two other possible claims of responsibility surfaced, one suggesting a far-left and the other a far-right motive.

(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter at @AO_Sports and on Facebook at AhramOnlineSports.)

Short link:

 

Latest

© 2010 Ahram Online.