Ajax coach Frank de Boer on Monday ruled out a move to Premier League club Liverpool.
De Boer had been among the favourites to succeed Kenny Dalglish, who was sacked after a disappointing season which saw the English club achieve their worst league finish for 18 years.
But the 42-year-old, who has guided Ajax to back-to-back Dutch titles, said that he has not completed the work he wants to achieve in Amsterdam after taking over as coach in 2010.
"I am honoured to be considered, but I am only just getting started with Ajax," De Boer told De Telegraaf.
"In Amsterdam we are on a new path and, along with with my colleagues Wim Jonk and Dennis Bergkamp we're putting something new in place, which is why I want to work with Ajax for the coming years."
The forther Dutch international is currently negotiating an extension to his contract which runs until June 2014.
(For more sports news and updates, follow Ahram Online Sports on Twitter: @AO Sports)