Keane looked set to move to St Andrew's this week after Tottenham accepted a six million pounds (9.5 million dollars) offer for the much-travelled forward.
But Birmingham pulled out of the move on Monday after failing to agree personal terms with the 30-year-old former Liverpool, Inter Milan, Wolves, Coventry and Leeds United player.
Keane, capped over 100 times, is unhappy with claims that his wage demands scuppered the deal and he has hit back by insisting Birmingham only made their offer as a publicity stunt.
"It was never going to happen," Keane said. "That Birmingham stuff was a bit bizarre with a statement coming out from them, which I found very strange.
"A deal was never really on the table, so I just think that Birmingham was looking for a bit of publicity really."
Keane, who joined Celtic on loan this time last year, admitted he did not know whether he would still be be at Spurs by the end of the transfer window.
He told Sky Sports News: "I'm not too sure - we will have to see what happens.
"There are still a couple of weeks left, so I'm sure we'll find out by then."