Former security head of Egypt television union acquitted of destroying 25 January footage
Ahram Online, , Wednesday 17 Jun 2015
Prosecution said he ordered the destruction of six compact discs (CDs) that contained footage of the events of the 25 January 2011 uprising, as well as "consequent events"


The Cairo Criminal Court on Wednesday acquitted the former head of security of the Egyptian Radio and Television Union (ERTU) of charges of destroying recordings of the 2011 revolution that toppled long-time autocrat Hosni Mubarak.

The prosecution has previously referred Nabil Ismail to court, after investigations revealed that he had ordered members of staff to destroy six compact discs (CDs) containing footage the events of the 25 January uprising, as well as the "consequent events".

The prosecution said in its report that Ismail, after hearing of his arrest order, attempted to flee.


https://english.ahram.org.eg/News/133056.aspx